Situation Vacant – Sales Engineer – Based in Aldershot
We have a vacancy for an enthusiastic sales engineer. We are looking for a self-sufficient ambitious and confident individual who wants to be part of developing the business.
MONK Conveyors Limited is a privately-owned British company established over 28 years ago. We are conveniently situated in Aldershot, south-west of London. We have an extensive range of conveyors which includes flat belt conveyors, flex chain conveyors, mat top modular belt conveyors, powered and gravity roller conveyors, elevators and hoppers. We also have a range of special equipment suitable for use with our conveyors, such as rotating storage tables, vertical lifts, stop gates and escapements. This extensive range enables us to choose the best conveyor for each application. By using well-proven modules our systems are reliable, easy to maintain and cost-effective. Our engineers have a strong engineering background and are very experienced in the field of both conveying and production engineering. We are used to handling a large variety of customers products from a wide range of industries and can offer you the very best advice and select the right equipment for your requirements. Our installation and service team are always ready to give you full support, either locally or internationally.
- To visit potential customers and assist in the preparation sales layout drawings.
- Be able to estimate the price of conveyors and systems and prepare quotations.
- To quickly gain a good technical understanding of our products and the applications.
- Update and maintain our company CRM system ( Buddy)
- Preparation of initial layouts.
- Preparation of customer quotations
- Give technical support and assistance to our customers and team members.
- Be capable of handling a number of sales projects simultaneously and working to tight deadlines.
- Working extra hours when required, so that we can meet targets.
- Work to quarterly sales targets.
Must have the following skills and experience:
- The successful applicant would need to have a technical engineering background.
- Experience of working in engineering.
- Knowledge of conveyors and conveyor systems, manufacturing or materials handling would be an advantage.
- Must be fully computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Word and Excel, and have an understanding of a CAD package – Solid works / AutoCAD (training on our package will be provided).
- Must have a good telephone manner, and be familiar with standard office procedures.
- Must have a clean driving licence.
- Good ‘people skills’ are required and should be able to fit into our existing team.
- Good commercial awareness.
Based Aldershot a few minutes from the Blackwater Valley Road. The candidate must live within an approx. 30-mile radius of Aldershot (we feel any further away the commuting distance is unpractical. Relocating into the south east can be difficult due to the high housing costs).
The first three months will be a trial period with only one weeks’ notice required from either party.
After the trial period of three months, four weeks’ notice will be required by both parties.
After one full year, six weeks’ notice will be required by both parties.
After three full years, eight weeks’ notice will be required by both parties.
A company Mobile phone will be supplied to use for company-related calls.
A company laptop will be supplied to use for company-related business.
An entitlement of 22 days annual leave after one year’s service. For the first year on a pro-rata basis.
We work a 37½ hour week, starting at 8.20am with ½ hour for lunch.
Membership of the company Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme after six months service.
There will be a salary review after 6 months with annual reviews every 12 months.
Inclusion in our general company bonus. Future opportunity to participate in a targeted bonus scheme.
Please communicate using email to – firstname.lastname@example.org